Thursday 12 February 2015

I got a haircut!

Hello!

Yesterday I got my hair cut! Nothing special about it really yet I just felt like telling you about it.

For most of my life I've had long hair, like hair that's almost touching my butt long.  It's fun and all sure yet it is also sooooooooo annoying. Whenever I want to swing my backpack onto my back there are always a few hairs left on my shoulder and it will feel like they're ripped out together with some skin. Also I have gotten it stuck between a car door multiple times and lot's of other stupid accidents. Yay long hair -.-

Quite a while ago I decided I've had enough of my long hair yet I didn't want to just cut it off and watch it disappear into a trashcan. I went to my good friend Google and started searching for options. Eventually I came across an option that really appealed to me. This option was perfect. I could cut off a lot of my hair and it would be very helpful to other people. This option was the Hairwhishes foundation or in Dutch "Stichting Haarwens". 

The hairwishes foundation / stichting Haarwens is a non-profit foundation that produces wigs made out of real hair for children that have lost theirs. These children have lost their hair due to chemotherapy for example. For both the money and the hair to make a wig they need people like you and me. You can donate money of which they might fund (a part) of a wig but you can also donate your hair. If you want to donate your hair it's not just 10 cm, no, you'll have to donate at least 25cm in a plaid. 

Yesterday it was finally time to cut my hair and it was really scary at first. They started with making and measuring the plaid which they then cut off. The plaid was laid down in front of me, this was really strange. The hair that was still attached to my head two minutes ago was now laying in front of me. The plaid they had cut off was at least 30 cm with which the hairdressers were super happy. So they were happy, the hair is going to make some children happy and I am happy with my new short hair.

Now I might let it grow again to cut it off again one day but for now I am really happy with my new look. It's much easier and I feel like I weigh less now with the hair cut off. 
If you want to know more about the hair wishes foundation click here!


Lots of love, ThatDutchGirl96

No comments:

Post a Comment