Monday 2 November 2015

American beauty / American Psycho tour.

Hey there!

A little over a week ago, on October 20 2015, the time had finally come. After months of waiting it was time to catch the train to Amsterdam to see Fall Out Boy on their American Beauty American Psycho tour.

This was the second time I got to see them in concert and god it was incredible. Last year already blew my mind so the stakes were high. A couple of hours before the doors opened my friend Charlotte and I arrived at the venue. As we left the train we were observing the others that also got off the train. Who might be going too? Turned out quite a lot. As we got closer to the venue we noticed the queue was pretty freaking long already. We walked past one side of the queue and over to the other side of the queue which was a little shorter so we sat down on this end.(I know this sounds weird but for some reasons there are two sides to the FOB queue at the Heineken Music Hall in Amsterdam.) A little later one of our friends contacted us and we joined with her as she set closer to the entrance than we did. 


Then the venue doors opened and everyone started acting like primitive human beings to get inside the venue as fast as possible. This is possibly one of the most funny yet utterly terrifying parts of the entire concert because the chance you die due to falling down and being stepped on or choke to death are quite high.


Eventually Charlotte and I got inside, put/pushed all our stuff in one little locker and went inside the actual concert hall. Thankfully there were some nice peepz around us so that was cool. About half an hour later the time had finally almost come BUT FIRST it was time for the supporting act to give us their best. This year the support act was Charley Marley whom I had never heard of before so I was kind of curious. They did manage to get the crowd going, I must give them that although it wasn't really my style and I personally thought they weren't quite right as a Fall Out Boy supporting act. Which is just my personal opinion!









Then the time had finally really come!!!!!! I put my ear plugs back in (hearing safety everybody) had a small freak out session with Charlotte and was ready for the actual show to begin. The entire thing was just amazing! The lightning was perfect, the set list was great, the background effects were magnificent. The entire crowd was singing along and there was an amazing atmosphere going on. During one song they released a whole bunch of massive balloons from the ceiling which honestly scared me a lot, yes I am one of those people but with a valid reason (I think).

Before the little acoustic part started off Pete or should I say Pepe (thanks Charlotte) hit us with a classic dad joke which I won't repeat. The acoustic session was amazing, I nearly cried (again). 

The concert was over way to soon and still a bit mesmerised we headed back to the train station with nearly everybody that had also been at the concert. Fall Out Boy merch everywhere. Fall Out Boy you did it! Once again I went home with a feeling of wow with a bit of amazing and a slice of 'never going to forget this ever' which is personally my favourite after concert recipe. It had been a wonderful night and I am glad I decided to go again. See you next year?

Lots of love,
ThatDutchGirl96

No comments:

Post a Comment