Thursday 12 November 2015

I went to Brighton!!!!!!! (part 2)

Hi there!


Get ready the second part of my Brighton adventure. Make yourself a cup of tea, wrap a blanket around you and continue reading.

We took a bus from the airport to London Victoria. Rain was falling down the sky but the grey clouds couldn't burst my personal bubble of happiness. I was going to Brighton and nothing was going to bring me down. At London Victoria we got on the train to Brighton. For a foreigner in an unknown area I felt weirdly at home. 

The closer the train got to Brighton the more clear the sky became. Before we knew it the grey clouds had gone away and been replaced by blue sky and sunshine. Was this real? Yes it was, the universe was copying our happiness and on the 30th of October two Dutch girls arrived in Brighton and the sun was shining. A bit lost we wandered around leaving the train station behind is in no time. We walked down the street not knowing where to turn to get to our hotel. Thanks to the directions we printed from Google maps we succeeded in finding our hotel rather quickly. The Grand Pier guest house would be our home for the next three days. Our room was lovely, not too big, not too small, it was exactly what we needed. 

First things first, the sea. How I love the sea. I've always had this thing with seas, hence why my room has a lot of sea themed decoration in it. For some reason the sea has always been my happy place so being on a beach again watching the waves crash on small rocks of which the beach exists. From the moment I set foot on the beach I knew we would be spending a lot of our time here and I turned out to be right.

The rest of our first day was spent exploring the Pier, more of the beach and visiting Sea Life. The pier is known as one of Brighton's most popular sights and it was pretty crowded that day as well. The arcades, the food-stands, the fair and of course the terrifying seagulls. There were so many of them that it felt like, and I quote my friend Charlotte here, "the seagull apocalypse" was about to happen. Those birds scared the crap out of me and were the least enjoyable bit of all Brighton. 
After walking up and down the Pier a couple of times, avoiding the seagulls the best we could, taking pictures like a couple of real tourists and just enjoying ourselves and the view we decided it was time to move on to something else on our 'to-do list': visit Sea Life. 

Sea Life was better than I hoped for. I had heard a lot of negative things about Sea Life so I had no idea what to expect but it was absolutely amazing. Charlotte and I were probably the only not family there at the time but who cares. We were both mesmerised by all the different kind of fish and the stingrays and the turtles and the jellyfish and the unicorn fish and just everything. It was Charlotte's first time walking through an ocean tunnel and her response was priceless. My response was quite like hers as it was utterly beatiful. All the different kind of fish, the sharks, the absolutely massive stingray and the ancient turtles. Sea Life was great and for young adults that are 18 and 19 years old we were way too enthusiastic. We stayed in the ocean tunnel for nearly half an hour before exploring the rest of Sea Life. Soon we had seen it all, except the Jurassic seas. As massive Jurassic Park fans this was something that excited us a lot. We made dinosaur noises, acted like compete idiots and got weird looks from several adults and kids. I don't know where all the negative comments on Sea Life come from, I had an amazing time and would definitely come back another time!


We had been in Sea Life so long we had missed the sunset so that would have to wait until the next day. However the sun had already set we decided to stay on the beach for a little while none the less. So far Brighton was absolutely perfect and we were enjoying it so much we almost forgot to have dinner. After dinner we went back to the sea before heading back to our hotel for the last time today. 

Sooooo..... This is where I leave you guys again. The last part of my Brighton adventure will be uploaded very very soon so keep an eye out for that! I hope you enjoy these kind of blogs and if you do or if you don't please share your opinion with me in the comments below!

Anyway, lots of love,
ThatDutchGirl96


No comments:

Post a Comment